Italian Ham And Potato Frittata
|All-purpose potatoes||10 Ounce, peeled, cut lengthwise in half, then thinly sliced (2 Medium Sized)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Cooked ham pieces||4 Ounce, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (1 Cup, 1 Piece)|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1 Pinch|
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. In 2-quart saucepan, combine potatoes, enough cold water to cover, and 1 teaspoon salt; heat to boiling over high heat. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes; drain.
2. In oven-safe nonstick 10-inch skillet (if skillet is not oven-safe, wrap handle with double layer of foil), heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add ham and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer ham to plate.
3. Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden, about 10 minutes. Transfer onion to ham on plate.
4. In large bowl, with wire whisk, beat eggs, water, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, and thyme until well blended. Stir in potatoes, ham, and onion. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; cover and cook until egg mixture begins to set around edge, about 3 minutes. Remove cover and place skillet in oven. Bake until frittata is set, 8 to 10 minutes.
5. To serve, loosen frittata from skillet and slide onto warm platter; cut into 6 wedges.