Pastel De Choclo
|Chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Lean round steak||3 Pound, cut into 1/4 inch cubes|
|Tabasco sauce||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ears of corn||16 , grated|
|Chopped onion||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Black olives||12 , pitted|
|Hard-cooked eggs||4 , quartered|
|Egg yolks||2 (Raw)|
|Salad oil||6 Tablespoon|
1. Heat two tablespoons oil and three tablespoons butter in a large skillet and brown the chicken on all sides. Add the sliced onion, one teaspoon salt and one tablespoon oregano, and saute until onion is golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, heat two tablespoons oil and four tablespoons butter and brown the beef. Season with two teaspoons salt, one tablespoon paprika, one-half teaspoon oregano and the Tabasco. Cover. Cook, stirring often, until the meat is tender. Set aside.
3. Combine the grated raw corn with one tablespoon sugar, one teaspoon salt and four tablespoons butter in a heavy pot. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens. Set aside.
4. Saute six cups chopped onion in two tablespoons oil and four tablespoons butter until golden brown. Combine with the beef mixture and turn into two three-quart casseroles.
5. Arrange olives and quartered eggs over the beef, place the chicken pieces on top and cover with the corn. Paint the corn with egg yolks diluted with a tea spoon of water and sprinkle very lightly with sugar.
6. Bake in a preheated hot oven (400° F.) until the top is golden brown, about twenty-five minutes.