Butternut Squash Soup
|Butternut squash||1 Small, peeled and cubed|
|Butternut squash||1 Medium|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, diced|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Chicken broth/Veggie broth||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Organic)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Organic)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1 Pinch, fresh grated|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Garlic clove||1 , sliced|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Apple||1 Small, peeled, cored and diced|
|Chopped chives||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a heavy bottom pan, over medium low heat, melt butter and add in celery, onion, salt and pepper, stir and allow to sweat for few minutes.
2. Add in the apple and stir to mix.
3. Drop in squash, water and chicken stock, and allow to cook for about 20 minutes or until the squash is tender.
4. Add in the cream and fresh nutmeg, taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
5. Turn off the heat and using an immersion blender, blend the soup until it is smooth.
6. Serve hot in a soup bowl, sprinkle with chives.
Calories 526 Calories from Fat 192
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.7%
Saturated Fat 13.4 g67%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.2 mg22.4%
Sodium 445.8 mg18.6%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.6%
Dietary Fiber 14.7 g58.7%
Sugars 20.1 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A 1343.6% Vitamin C 230.5%
Calcium 35.4% Iron 25.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet