Chef Keith Snow cooks up a delicious seasonal soup.
1 Small, peeled and cubed
1⁄2 Medium, diced
1 Small, minced
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Grated fresh ginger
1 Tablespoon, grated
Chicken broth/Veggie broth
2 Cup (32 tbs) (Organic)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Organic)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 Pinch, fresh grated
1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)
1 , sliced
Salt and pepper
1 Small, peeled, cored and diced
1. In a heavy bottom pan, over medium low heat, melt butter and add in celery, onion, salt and pepper, stir and allow to sweat for few minutes.
2. Add in the apple and stir to mix.
3. Drop in squash, water and chicken stock, and allow to cook for about 20 minutes or until the squash is tender.
4. Add in the cream and fresh nutmeg, taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
5. Turn off the heat and using an immersion blender, blend the soup until it is smooth.
6. Serve hot in a soup bowl, sprinkle with chives.
What could be more comforting on cold winter nights than a piping hot bowl of butternut squash soup? Healthy, tasty and very simple to make, you can easily whip up wonderful butternut squash soup at home using this recipe as presented by Keith Snow. Soul satisfying!