- Cut into bite size pieces of Dried Seaweed with scissors.
- Put Seaweed into cold water for 10 minutes and then rinse twice and drain.
- Turn stove on high heat and add Sesame Oil, Garlic, Beef, and Soup Soy Sauce.
- Cook for a few minutes and then add Seaweed.
- Add cold water and bring to a boil. Once it's boiling it's done!
- Add extra soup soy sauce/salt to taste.
- Serve with Steamed Rice or any other side dishes.
Famously called as "birthday soup" this traditional Korean seaweed soup. The exotic flavors of seaweed shine in this, refreshing, easy to make soup. Anna Kim gives a step-by-step cooking tutorial on how to accomplish this at home. Thick and velvety, this dish can happily suffice as a one-course menu on extremely starved evenings.
Calories 442 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.4%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.4 mg4.5%
Sodium 457.2 mg19%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 35.6 g142.5%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 42 g83.8%
Vitamin A 213%
Vitamin C 178.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Korean Style Miyuk Gook Recipe Video, Korean Seaweed Soup