|Non fat chicken broth/Water/ vegetable stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Apple||1 , peeled, cored and chopped|
|Curry powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Uncooked long grain rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Zucchini||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Heat water, broth, or wine in soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and apple. Cook and stir until they are tender. Add more liquid during this process if necessary.
2. Sprinkle curry powder over onion and apple. Stir.
3. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
4. Add rice and zucchini. Cover, lower heat, and cook for 30 minutes.
5. Transfer soup to a food processor or blender and puree.
6. Transfer soup back to pot. Heat, slowly adding skim milk, until soup is warmed through.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 490 Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 0.7 g3.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.6 mg1.5%
Sodium 2720.3 mg113.3%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.6%
Sugars 42.2 g
Protein 21 g42.6%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 104%
Calcium 40.3% Iron 22.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet