Samgyetan or Korean chicken soup is a combined soup made with Cornish hen and sweet rice. Flavored with exotic Asian ingredients like ginger and ginseng, the Korean samgyetan is savory and has a fresh taste to it.
8 Cup (128 tbs)
3 Clove (15 gm)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Korean dried date pieces
3 (Jujube Fruit)
- Stuff the Chicken with Rice
- Combine all ingredients into large pot and bring to boil for 20 minutes on High heat, then reduce heat and simmer for 1.5 hours.
- Remove cooking twine before serving.
- Season with salt and pepper to your own taste.
- Garnish with Sesame seeds and Green Onions.
- Serve with Cucumber Side Dish (Watch my other Video on how to make this!)
-You can also serve with steamed rice on the side!
Chicken soups make for the quintessential comfort food and who knows it better than the Korean does. This nourishing traditional chicken soup is all you need to satisfy your body and soul after a long day at the desk. Just try replicating the recipe given here and stir yourself a quick, comforting one-dish meal.