|Water/Nonfat chicken broth / vegetable broth / wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Sliced carrots||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Diced turnips||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Non fat chicken broth/Non fat vegetable broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Evaporated milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Heat 1/4 cup water, broth, or wine in a large, heavy soup pot. Add onion. Cook and stir over medium heat until onion is tender. Add more liquid during this process if necessary.
2. Add carrots, turnips, potato, and broth. Bring to a boil. Lower heat.
3. Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until vegetables are quite tender.
4. Transfer soup to a food processor or blender and puree.
5. Return soup to pot. Add thyme, pepper, nutmeg, evaporated milk, and skim milk.
6.Cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until warmed through.