|Water/Nonfat chicken broth / vegetable broth / wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Sliced carrots||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Diced turnips||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Non fat chicken broth/Non fat vegetable broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Evaporated milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Heat 1/4 cup water, broth, or wine in a large, heavy soup pot. Add onion. Cook and stir over medium heat until onion is tender. Add more liquid during this process if necessary.
2. Add carrots, turnips, potato, and broth. Bring to a boil. Lower heat.
3. Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until vegetables are quite tender.
4. Transfer soup to a food processor or blender and puree.
5. Return soup to pot. Add thyme, pepper, nutmeg, evaporated milk, and skim milk.
6.Cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until warmed through.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1007 Calories from Fat 272
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.7%
Saturated Fat 18.4 g92.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 118.3 mg39.4%
Sodium 2137.9 mg89.1%
Total Carbohydrates 132 g43.9%
Dietary Fiber 19.5 g78.1%
Sugars 83.9 g
Protein 49 g98.9%
Vitamin A 1295.2% Vitamin C 86%
Calcium 173.4% Iron 27.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet