Basil and Potato Soup
|Butter||15 Gram (0.5 Ounce)|
|Floury potatoes||750 Gram, peeled and grated|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm) (Peeled)|
|Basil||50 Gram, chopped (2 Ounce)|
|Chicken stock||600 Milliliter (1 Pint)|
|Dry white wine||600 Milliliter (1 Pint)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Pine nuts||15 Gram, ground (0.5 Ounce)|
1. Heat the butter in a large heavy-based saucepan and add the potatoes, garlic and half the basil. Stir over a gentle heat for a couple of minutes, then add the stock and wine.
2. Bring to the boil and cook uncovered for 15 minutes, until all the potatoes are quite soft.
3. Liquidize the soup, adding the remaining basil at the same time.
4. Taste and add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, remembering that if the soup is to be served chilled the seasoning will need to be a little more pronounced.
5. Mix the ground pine nuts with 2 tablespoons of the soup and stir into the soup. Chill thoroughly.
Calories 392 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.8%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.6 mg4.2%
Sodium 330.5 mg13.8%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.8%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 9 g18.6%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 27%
Calcium 8% Iron 17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet