|Marrow||1 Kilogram, peeled seeded and grated|
|Plain flour||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|French mustard||1 Tablespoon (Mild)|
|Dried dill||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||900 Milliliter (0.5 Pint)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Place the marrow in a colander, sprinkle a little salt over and leave to stand for 20 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, put in the marrow and sprinkle with the flour. Stir well then cook for 1 minute, stirring all the time.
3. Add the mustard and half the dill, stir, then pour the stock in slowly, still stirring. Cover and simmer very gently for 15-20
minutes, do not allow to boil vigorously.
4. For a smooth textured soup, cool slightly then blend in a liquidizer. Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding lemon juice and sugar as necessary. Stir in the remaining dill.
5. Pour into warmed soup bowls, sprinkle a little paprika over each portion and serve. For a richer soup 1 teaspoonful of soured cream may be placed in the bottom of each bowl before the soup is poured in. This will increase the calories per portion to 90 (380 kilo joules).
Calories 154 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.2%
Saturated Fat 0.99 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.8 mg2.3%
Sodium 474 mg19.8%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 8 g15.7%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 52.9%
Calcium 12% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet