Chilled Tomato And Basil Soup
|Ripe tomatoes||1 Kilogram, skinned seeded and chopped (2 Pound)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Chopped basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||450 Milliliter (0.75 Pint)|
|Anchovy fillets||2 , chopped|
|Whole bread slices||4|
|Pesto sauce||2 Teaspoon|
1. Put the tomatoes into a pan with the garlic, basil, stock, orange juice, anchovy fillets and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
3. Cool slightly and then liquidize until smooth. Chill for at least 4 hours.
4. To make the Pesto croutes, spread each slice of whole meal bread with a thin layer of Pesto sauce-place under a preheated grill until a light golden brown. Cut into fingers.
5. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with the Pesto croutes.