Fish and Leek Soup
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Leeks||2 Medium, cleaned and cut into strips|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|White fish fillet||8 Ounce, cubed (225 G)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Skimmed milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Plain unsweetened yogurt||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green pepper||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Fry the onion and garlic gently in the olive oil for 3 minutes; add the leeks and parsley and fry for a further 3 minutes.
2. Add the cubed fish, stock, skimmed milk and salt and pepper to taste; bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
3. Beat the yogurt and egg yolk together. Blend with a little of the hot soup and then add to the remaining soup in the pan.
4. Heat through gently, without boiling, for 1-2 minutes.
5. Serve piping hot, garnished with finely chopped green pepper.
Calories 281 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.6%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 88.2 mg29.4%
Sodium 304.8 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 17 g34.6%
Vitamin A 61% Vitamin C 55.4%
Calcium 22.7% Iron 21.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet