This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe has only 5 ingredients & takes just 30 minutes to prepare & cook.
It's the perfect winter warmer and goes perfect as a starter. Freeze the leftovers and reheat in a pan or the microwave.
1 , finely diced
2 Clove (10 gm), minced
Vegetable stock cube/Chicken stock
1. Peel and chop the Butternut Squash into chunks.
2. In a sauce pan add in the oil, onion and garlic. Sauté for few minutes.
3. Meanwhile in a jar add in the vegetable cube and pour in 400 ml boiling water.
4. Add in the Butternut Squash and Stock to the pan. Top up with remaining boiling water. Bring to the boil and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Stir in the mixture and remove from the heat. Spoon out the Butternut Squash into a blender, retaining as much Stock as possible in the saucepan. Blend the mixture into a puree. Transfer the soup into a large bowl.
6. Gradually add in the stock to the soup until its thick enough.
7. Serve Butternut Squash Soup with croutons.
You can use this squash soup recipe to make pumpkin soup as well, just swap the Butternut Squash for Pumpkin.
Butternut squash soup is easy to make, nutritious and convenient for weight watchers. With Paul you can make it in a short time. Enjoy the natural flavors of the vegetable in this soup. You'll be left asking for more.