Creamy Potato Leek Soup
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Leeks||2 , washed and white part chopped|
|Clove garlic||2 , diced|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes||3 , peeled and chopped|
|Chicken broth||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a large stock pot melt the butter over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and leeks. Saute until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
3. Add the flour and mix thoroughly to make a roux.
4. Add the chicken broth, potatoes, bay leaves, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook for 45 minutes.
5. Remove the bay leaves and using a blender puree the soup in batches.
6. Return to the stock pot and add the cream. Return to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com