Tomato Alphabet Soup
|Fresh tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pasta||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Boil the fresh tomatoes in water.
2. Peel and blend the tomatoes to a smooth finish.
3. If you like a stronger taste of the tomatoes, at this point add a small can of tomato paste.
4. In a pan heat a little cooking oil and sauté the diced onions.
5. Add the pureed tomatoes with the salt and seasonings.
6. Add a little water or chicken broth or beef broth.
7. Let it boil on high heat at first then simmer for about 20 minutes until the tomato soup is fully cooked.
8. Add the alphabet pasta and let cook for another ten minutes on simmer until the pasts is fully cooked.
9. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.
Note: You may use any type of small pasta such as stars or thin and small noodles.
Calories 76 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.3%
Saturated Fat 0.38 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 99.8 mg4.2%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 2 g3.6%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 9.5%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 2.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet