Once you see how easy it is to make homemade cream of mushroom soup from scratch, you will never buy the canned Campbells soup again.
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced
1 Large, sliced
1 Medium, grated
Half and half
1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
1. In a pan pour olive oil and add the butter, sauté the onion, celery and carrots for 5 minutes.
2. Add mushrooms, thyme, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
3. Over medium heat cook for 15-18 minutes or until the moisture from the mushrooms evaporates.
4. Cook for additional 10 minutes until the mushrooms brown.
5. Turn off the heat and cool the mixture before blending.
6. Add the mixture in the blender and pour chicken broth and blend everything until pureed.
7. Once it’s pureed transfer it back to the pan and add half and half and simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat, adjust seasoning at this point.
8. Turn off the heat and transfer the soup in a serving bowl, garnish with parsley.
9. Serve the Cream of Mushroom Soup immediately.