Clear Fish Soup with Greens & Ginger
|Vegetable stock for soup/Chicken or fish stock||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
|Broccoli||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into small florets|
|Spinach||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (spinach left whole leaf)|
|Peas||1 Cup (16 tbs) (peas can be thrown in to the soup frozen)|
|Chives or green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (diced small)|
|Talapia fish/Halibut fish||1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Tamari soy sauce/Ordinary soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fish sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger root||2 Tablespoon (grate ginger root right into your soup)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
1. Bring 10 cups of stock up to a rapid boil in a soup pot.
2. While the stock is heating rinse fresh fish under cold running water first and then cut into large chunks.
3. Add fish, diced broccoli, spinach, peas, green onion or chives, and grated ginger to the stock and bring back up to the boil. This takes about 4 minutes.
4. Add cracked pepper, a few dashes of fish sauce and the soy sauce.
5. After it comes back up to the boil, turn heat off.
6. Serve immediately as the fish and the vegetables will be perfectly done.
Calories 146 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.9%
Saturated Fat 0.72 g3.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.7 mg13.9%
Sodium 1474.6 mg61.4%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.3%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 21 g42.1%
Vitamin A 39.6% Vitamin C 83.1%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet