Tomato Hamburger Soup with Quinoa
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground beef/Beef "cubed" steaks||350 Gram, pre cook|
|Onion/Shallot||1 Medium, diced|
|Carrots||2 Medium, diced|
|Garli clove/Garlic puree||3 , diced|
|Serrano chili pepper/Red chile pepper||2 Tablespoon, diced|
|Rosemary sprig||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Thyme leaves||1 Tablespoon, chipped finely|
|Smoked paprika powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salt & pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Diced tomato can||28 Ounce|
|Beef broth/Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Quinoa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Saute ground beef until just cooked. Remove from heat and place all cooked beef into wire mesh strainer over a bowl. All the grease will gather in the bowl,discard grease.
2. In the pot used to cook ground beef, add oil, onions, serrano pepper and garlic. Saute until transparent.
3. Add cooked beef, carrots and herbs and continue to sauté to infuse the flavors.
4. Add red wine to deglaze the pot.
5. Add tomatoes, quinoa and beef stock.
6. Cook for 20 minutes.
7. Serve hot.
Large soup pot
Calories 314 Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.1%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.2 mg13.7%
Sodium 1148.8 mg47.9%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.4%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 17 g33.3%
Vitamin A 91.2% Vitamin C 38.8%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 21%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet