1. Peel and cut the carrots, leeks and garnet yam in dices, keep it aside in separate bowl.
2. Peel and mince the garlic.
3. Dilute 2 tablespoon of powdered vegetable broth into 6 cups of water and keep it aside.
4. In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil and sauté the leeks, carrots and yams.
5. Stir frequently and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
6. Add the garlic, coriander and salt, stir and cook for another minute.
7. Add the lentils, oats, bay leaves and broth.
8. First bring it to a boil and the reduce heat and cover the pot with the lid and let it simmer for 20 minutes or until all ingredients have been cooked.
9. Once done remove from heat, strain the bay leaves out and blend the content to a puree like consistency using a hand blender.
10. Once you have reached the desired consistency place the pot back on the stove and heat the soup before serving.
11. Serve the red lentil soup along with a crusty bread.
You can substitute the powdered vegetable broth to a vegan broth cube.
Things You Will Need
6 qt saucepan with a lid
Hand blender or a regular blender