Bulgur Lentil Soup
|Bulgar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken/Tofu||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Cook the Bulgur wheat and lentils in a pressure cooker with 6 cups of water until it softens.
2. In another pan, Heat the oil and add the onion. Stir for a couple of minutes.
1. Add the ginger and garlic, and saute for another two minutes.
2. Add coriander powder, black pepper, turmeric powder, and garam masala. Saute for one minute.
3. Then add the cubed chicken/tofu/celery, carrots and salt. Saute for another couple minutes.
4. Add this mixture to bulgur and lentil. Also add the tomato sauce. Check the salt and the consistency and make sure it's to your liking. Cook until the chicken and vegetables soften.
1. Serve hot with black pepper, cilantro, or parsley sprinkled on top.