Lynn demonstrates how to make a delicious Tomato, Basil and Cheddar Soup perfect for a cold winter day. Pair with a grilled cheese sandwich and you have a great lunch or dinner.
28 Ounce, diced
1 , chopped
2 Clove (10 gm), chopped
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs), grated
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. In a large soup pot add in the olive oil on medium – high heat.
2. Add in the onion and cook for 4 minutes.
3. Add in the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
4. Pour in the two cans of tomatoes and the vegetable stock. Stir in the basil, oregano, sugar, and salt and pepper. Place the lid on the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Stir in the Greek yogurt and cheddar cheese until well blended.
6. Take off the pot from the heat and with immersion blender puree the soup.
7. Garnish Tomato, Basil and Cheddar Soup with chopped basil and grated cheddar cheese.
Instead of immersion blender you can use food processor to make puree.