Fall and Winter are soup time. Chef Tony shows us his very simple lentil soup recipe. It's hard not to love this. It's easy, filling, nutritious, and you can alter it in many ways to suit your taste. It's gluten free as is, or you can add pasta to make "pasta lenticchie" and you can also add meat, or not... you decide. Try out his recipe and let us know what you think.
18 Ounce, washed
2 Small, diced
2 , diced
1 , diced
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), peeled and crushed
4 Clove (20 gm)
Chicken stock/Vegetable soup base
6 Cup (96 tbs)
1. Place a large pot over medium high heat.
2. Pour in the olive oil, add in garlic and caramelized.
3. Add in the onions, followed by celery and carrots. Cook for few minutes.
4. Stir in the lentils, mix well and toast for few minutes.
5. Add in the bay leafs, and toast again all the ingredients.
6. Create some place in the pot and place the prosciutto in between and sear. Keep stirring the lentils, so, that lentil mixture don’t burn.
7. Turn the prosciutto and sear from the skin side.
8. Add in the tomatoes, stir well.
9. Pour in the chicken stock and simmer for 60 minutes.
10. Ladle out the soup in a bowl and top with pasta. Garnish with parsley and serve.
You can make this soup vegetarian; don’t add meat into the soup.