Shrimp And Artichoke Soup
|Can artichokes||15 Ounce|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|White flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a pot heat the butter and oil. When the butter melts, add the flour and mix well together to form a roux.
2. Pour in the milk slowly to the roux. Stir the mix to avoid having lumps in the roux.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add in the onion, and cook for few minutes.
5. Pour in the chicken broth, keep stirring while adding.
6. Add half the shrimps and the artichokes and reserve the rest. Cover the pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. With the hand blender, blend the soup to a smooth finish.
8. Cut the reserved shrimps and the artichokes into chunks and add to the soup.
9. Cook for 5 more minutes to blend the flavors.
10. Ladle up soup into bowls and serve hot. Fresh bread and lemon juice go well with this dish. Enjoy!