1. Place the bell pepper slices on a bake sheet and roast in the broiler for about 10 minutes or until the skins are blackened. When cool enough to handle remove the skins.
2. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the leeks, squash and bell pepper strips.
3. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and browned in spots. Remember to stir occasionally.
3. Add the spices and stir well and cook for 30 seconds.
4. Add 6 cups of water and bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and puree using either a blender or an immersion blender.
6. Pour in soup bowls and top each bowl with the toasted pumpkin seeds.