Here is a silky and delicious cream of roasted pumpkin and sweet potato with a kick. I cooked it in a ginger broth and the final result is absolutely divine!
3 Cup (48 tbs), peeled, cubed large
3 Large, peeled, cubed
1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)
Black pepper powder
Fresh ginger slices
3 Medium, peeled, smashed
1 Medium, whole (Optional)
8 Cup (128 tbs)
Half and half
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place the pumpkin and sweet potatoes in a roasting pan. Make sure not to pile them up so they roast evenly.
3. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and brown sugar. Place in the oven and roast for about 35 to 40 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through and browned.
4. In the meanwhile, to a large pot, add the ginger and chili pepper.
5. Pour the water and bring to a simmer. When the veggies are ready, remove the ginger and chili pepper.
6. Add the roasted vegetables and simmer for about 20 minutes. (If using a hand held immersion blender, blend the soup now. If using a glass blender, cool down the soup and blend until smooth).
7. Add the half and half and mix well. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste. Stir and heat through.
8. In serving bowls, serve the soup topped with croutons, shoe string potatoes or chopped herbs of choice.