Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Chicken Meatballs
|For the soup|
|Butternut squash||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Chicken meat||1 Pound, ground|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, freshly minced|
|Panko bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (plain)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|All spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Place butternut squash on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
3. Bake for 60-80 minutes or until squash is tender to the touch.
4. Remove from the oven and let cool.
5. Slice the squash in half lengthwise, scoop out and discard the seeds.
6. Into a blender scoop out the butternut squash flesh.
7. Add chicken broth to the blender and puree until smooth. Set aside.
8. Reheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
9. MEATBALLS: Add all of the meatball ingredients into a large bowl and mix well with your hands or a spoon.
10. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
11. Wet your hands and shape the meat mixture into 9-12 uniform sized balls.
12. Place into the refrigerator until cold.
13. Bake for 20 minutes (timing may vary based on the size of your meatballs)
14. In a large pot saute onion and garlic in butter over medium heat until tender.
15. Add in the squash mixture, heavy cream, black pepper, salt and sage.
16. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
17. Place the soup into the blender and puree until smooth.
18. Return soup to the pot and heat until hot again.
19. In a serving bowl, serve the soup with chicken meatballs or plain.