Cream of Potato Soup
|Onion||2 Medium, chopped|
|Broccoli||3 Bunch (300 gm), cubed|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), minced|
|Potatoes||3 , cut into bite size pieces|
|Evaporated low fat milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Vegetable broth||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
1. In the soup pot, heat oil and drop onion in it. Sprinkle salt, and saute for 5 minutes or until caramelized over medium flame.
2. Add broccoli, and vegetable broth in pot to cover everything. Pour some water if required.
3. Throw garlic, reserving little to cook with potatoes.
4. Drop salt, pepper, and bay leaf in pot. Cover with the lid, and cook on medium low heat for 45 minutes.
5. In a separate saucepan, cook potatoes in water for about 5 minutes or until tender. Add remaining garlic into the pan.
6. Remove and discard bay leaf from the pot. With a hand blender blend broccoli broth until smooth and creamy.
7. Throw cooked potatoes, and low fat milk. Stir, and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Serve potato soup hot with French bread.
You can also use thyme instead of bay leaf.
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.9%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10 mg3.3%
Sodium 554.2 mg23.1%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.4%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 8 g15.9%
Vitamin A 11.6% Vitamin C 119%
Calcium 20.2% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet