I love incorporating the last of my summer vegetables from my garden into this coconut soup I make when it's chilly in the morning. The soup contains no dairy but still maintains a rich a creamy mouthfeel using the coconut milk. How do you like to use the last of your summer vegetables?
1 Small, coarsely chopped (Coarsely chopped)
2 Medium, coarsely chopped
1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped
1 Teaspoon, coarsely chopped
3 Medium, coarsely chopped
1 Medium, coarsely chopped
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
1 Tablespoon, chop
1 Cup (16 tbs)
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1 Small, dice
1. In a skillet, add olive oil, the red onions, garlic cloves and ginger and sautee.
2. Add the shiitake mushrooms and toss.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, asparagus and squash and toss.
4. Add the green onions and ginger water.
5. In a bowl, mix the coconut milk and the cornstarch.
6. Add this mix into the skillet along with 2 cups of coconut milk and continue cooking.
7. Bring the soup to a boil and simmer.
8. Add diced tomatoes, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and simmer for 2-4 minutes.
9. Add more ginger water if you want a thinner consistency.
10. Ladle the soup into a bowl.
11. Garnish with lime zest and chili sauce.