Diane Hoch teaches you how to make Gingered Carrot Soup, a healthy appetizer that can also be served as an hors d'oeuvre.
3 , coarsely chopped, with juices
2 Tablespoon, chopped
6 Medium, chopped
5 Cup (80 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1/2 tsp. for garnishing)
1. Heat a pot and pour in olive oil.
2. Add in onion and sauté for few minutes, stir in carrots and pour in water.
3. Bring water to a boil and partially cover the pot, simmer for 20 minutes.
4. With the help of immersion blender make puree of carrot mixture in the pot.
5. Sprinkle coriander powder, cinnamon, turmeric and vanilla stick. Cook for 5 minutes more.
6. Garnish soup with cinnamon, parsley and pumpkin seeds and serve.