Cream of Broccoli and Gruyere Soup
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Celery stalk||2 , diced|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Broccoli florets||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Low sodium chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Gruyere cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 Medium, juice extracted|
1. Place a sauce pan on medium high heat, melt butter, and olive oil in it.
2. Throw onion, cayenne powder, and celery. Sauté for 5 minutes or until soft.
3. Add broccoli, and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Stir in minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
5. Pour chicken stock, turn the temperature to high, and bring it to boil.
6. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Add lemon juice. Give it a mix.
7. Reduce the heat, and stir in heavy cream.
8. Cover it with lid, simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
9. With a hand mixer, blend the mixture until smooth. Taste and add salt if required.
10. Add gruyere cheese, and stir until it melts.
11. Transfer soup into serving bowls, sprinkle cheese on top, and serve immediately.
If you do not want your dish to be too fatty, then add milk with heavy cream.
Calories 660 Calories from Fat 470
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g82.2%
Saturated Fat 29.9 g149.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 166.2 mg55.4%
Sodium 877.1 mg36.5%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 32 g63.3%
Vitamin A 115.9% Vitamin C 232.2%
Calcium 84.4% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet