1. Heat a pan, add bacon and brown.
2. Add onions, celery, red peppers, green onions and garlic and stir for 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and stir and cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add th black beans.
5. Add the thyme, black pepper, salt and cumin and saute.
6. Add chicken stock and refried beans and bring to a boil.
7. Add the cilantro and stir and put the lid on and simmer for an hour and a half.
8. Ladle the soup into a soup bowl, garnish with tomatoes, a dollop of sour cream, a dash of cheese and green onions and serve hot.