Easy Vegetable Soup - Vegan
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|White onion||1 Medium, minced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Butternut squash||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Cabbage||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), julienned|
|Green beans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), julienned|
|Peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cauliflower florets||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable stock/Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Rice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
1. Prepare the ingredients according to the list.
2. In a large pot, heat olive oil.
3. Put onions, garlic, parsley and cilantro. Sauté for 8 minutes or till it begins to turn brown.
4. Add butternut squash, carrot, cabbage, peas, cauliflower, corn, green beans. Sauté till the vegetables become tender.
5. Put the rice and continue to stir to mix well.
6. Pour the vegetable stock and mix well to combine.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
8. Allow simmering for 30 minutes or till all the vegetables and rice are cooked. Add dried herbs if desired.
9. Turn off the heat.
10. In a serving bowl, ladle the soup, garnish with parsley and serve it hot with crispy bread.
If you are not particular about vegetable soup then chicken broth can be added instead of water or vegetable soup.
Dried herbs like oregano and marjoram or basil can be added if desired.
Calories 77 Calories from Fat 19
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.4%
Saturated Fat 0.31 g1.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 599.2 mg25%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 2 g3.4%
Vitamin A 52% Vitamin C 21.4%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet