So, I have had a few requests for 'on plan' soup recipes, so I decided to play around with one of my favorites. The hard thing with soups is being able to devide servings evenly. I think that if I had to do this recipe over, I would add in my turkey AFTER I serve up my bowl. That way I am sure to get the correct protein amount.
46 Ounce (100%)
4 Cup (64 tbs)
Cream of celery soup
1 Pound, cooked, shredded (99% fat free. Cook the turkey with some Italian seasoning)
1. In a bowl, mix 1 can tomato juice and 4 cups of water.
2. Add 551 grams of Celery and 697 grams of carrots.
3. Add 284 grams of cream of celery and 2 1/2 cups of cooked turkey.
4. Mix and let this sit in the crock pot for 2-3 hours.
5. Ladle the soup into a bowl and serve hot.
I weighed every item (including water), and then figured out the calories per 100 grams. I was shocked that I was able to have a hearty bowlful and it was only around 100 calories. Obviously, I then added more protein to my serving to ensure I had enough.