1. Cut the poached chicken into fine strips, store in the fridge until required and shred the spring onions.
2. Cook and refresh the sweetcorn as per the instructions on the packet or tin.
3. Into a saucepan pour the chicken stock, bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer.
4. In a large heavy-bottom saucepan melt the butter over a medium heat.
5. Add the shredded spring onion (leaving a few for garnish) and sweat for 2 minutes.
6. Stir in the flour to make a roux and cook gently for a few minutes without color.
7. Slowly add the chicken stock to the roux, always stirring with a wooden spoon to prevent any lumps, until all the stock has been absorbed.
8. Turn down the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
9. Add the cooked sweetcorn and the chicken.
10. Check the consistency and if the soup is too thick, add a little more stock.
11. Add the cream and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
12. Ladle the chicken and sweetcorn soup into warmed soup bowls and garnish with a little shredded spring onion and dust each bowl with a little paprika and serve.