Vegetable Broth Soup
|Savoy cabbage||50 Gram|
|Pearly barley||40 Gram|
|Vegetable stock/Chicken stock||900 Milliliter|
|Sea salt||2 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
|Pepper||1 Tablespoon, freshly milled (use as per taste)|
|Parsley||2 Teaspoon (to garnish)|
1. Keep the vegetable stock ready.
2. Wash, peel and rewash all the vegetables.
3. Finely shred the savoy cabbage.
4. Cut the remaining vegetables into fine julienne.
5. Chop the parsley.
6. Wash the barley under running water and place into a small saucepan.
7. Cover with cold water, bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for about 1 hour, adding extra water if necessary.
8. Pour the barley into a fine strainer and refresh under cold running water.
9. Weigh all the ingredients.
10. Place the barley into a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
11. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
12. Add all the vegetables except the cabbage.
13. Turn down the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
14. Add the cabbage and simmer for another 5 minutes.
15. Season to taste.
16. Ladle the vegetable soup into warmed soup bowls and garnish with lots of chopped parsley.
17. Serve the vegetable soup with chunks of warm crusty bread.
Calories 75 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.4 g0.61%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.24%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2798.2 mg116.6%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.1%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 2 g4.2%
Vitamin A 53.8% Vitamin C 26%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet