Almond Soup With Picota Cherries
|White bread||60 Gram, torn into pieces (Day Old, Crust Less)|
|Blanched whole almonds||250 Gram|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Extra virgin olive oil||12 Tablespoon|
|Sherry vinegar||3 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch (Or To Taste)|
|Picota cherries||20 Large, pitted|
|Mint sprigs||3 Large, leaves removed and chopped|
1. Soak the bread in the water for around 15 minutes until the pieces are soggy.
2. Put the softened bread and the water in a food processor with the almonds, garlic and
olive oil and blitz until smooth.
3. Season to taste with sherry vinegar and crushed sea salt.
4. Transfer to a lidded container and refrigerate until the soup is well chilled; this will take 2–3
hours. Chill the cherries at the same time.
5. To serve, give the soup a stir and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
6. Ladle into soup bowls (the traditional Spanish bowls with a green glaze inside make this soup look beautiful) and divide the cherries between them.
7. Drizzle with a little olive oil and finish with a scattering of mint leaves.
This recipe was contributed by Dominic Weaver and Ashleigh Mackenzie, author of Spanish Picota Cherries.