Spring Pea Soup
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sweet onion||1 , chopped|
|Celery stalks||3 , chopped|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|English peas||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs) (If Not In Season Use Frozen Peas)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 Large, juiced|
|Chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped thyme||3 Teaspoon|
1. Place a large sauce pan on a medium heat and heat up the olive oil and butter.
2. Once butter is melted place in the onions and celery into the pan. Cook the vegetables for 8 minutes or until onions are translucent.
3. Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables, stir and cook for 1 minute.
4. Then whisk in the chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
5. Follow up with adding in heavy cream and peas and bring back to a simmer.
6. Finally add in the lemon juice, parsley and thyme.
7. Use an immersion blender or regular blender to puree the soup to a smooth consistency. (Remember if you are using a regular blender do this in batches and cover the blender with a towel and not the lid.)
8. Return the soup back to the pan and keep warm until ready to serve.
9. Enjoy warm with crust bread!
Calories 520 Calories from Fat 344
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60%
Saturated Fat 19.5 g97.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.5 mg35.2%
Sodium 863.6 mg36%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.6%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 13 g26%
Vitamin A 46.8% Vitamin C 53.2%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet