Spring Pea Soup
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sweet onion||1 , chopped|
|Celery stalks||3 , chopped|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|English peas||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs) (If Not In Season Use Frozen Peas)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 Large, juiced|
|Chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped thyme||3 Teaspoon|
1. Place a large sauce pan on a medium heat and heat up the olive oil and butter.
2. Once butter is melted place in the onions and celery into the pan. Cook the vegetables for 8 minutes or until onions are translucent.
3. Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables, stir and cook for 1 minute.
4. Then whisk in the chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
5. Follow up with adding in heavy cream and peas and bring back to a simmer.
6. Finally add in the lemon juice, parsley and thyme.
7. Use an immersion blender or regular blender to puree the soup to a smooth consistency. (Remember if you are using a regular blender do this in batches and cover the blender with a towel and not the lid.)
8. Return the soup back to the pan and keep warm until ready to serve.
9. Enjoy warm with crust bread!