This is a classic soup that's delicious, easy to make, super cheap and incredibly satisfying. Learn how to make leek and potato soup the fast and easy way with this fun video. It is rich and creamy without having any cream or milk in it!
1 Pound (4 large)
Vegetable stock powder
1 Teaspoon (or to taste)
Cracked black pepper
1⁄2 Teaspoon (or to taste)
1. Trim the roots and the leaves of the leeks. Slit in half lengthwise then chop finely. Put in a colander and wash thoroughly.
2. Wash and scrub the potatoes well then dice along with skin.
3. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
4. In a measuring jar, dissolve the stock powder in water.
5. In a stock pot or pan, heat the olive oil.
6. Add the chopped and washed leeks and sweat until soft.
7. Add the garlic and potatoes and saute in the oil.
8. Add the bay leaves, salt, pepper and pour in the stock.
9. Bring to a boil then cover pan with lid and simmer leeks and potatoes, on reduced heat, until tender cooked.
10. Turn off the heat. Using a stick blender, whiz the vegetables to the consistency and texture you like. You can leave the soup chunky or blend it until smooth. You can do this in a blender as well.
11. Once you have blended the soup to the consistency you like, reheat it if required.
12. Ladle the leek and potato soup into serving bowls.
13. Enjoy warm with crusty bread on the side.