1) Peel the onion and thinly slice them into round circles.
2) Take a pan and heat it on the griller.
3) Add butter and olive oil to the pan. Heat them and take away from the griller.
4) Coat each onion slices with butter-oil mixture and place them on the griller.
5) Smoke the onions for 10-15 minutes.
6) Remove the onions from the heat and place a pan on the griller.
7) Add 3 1/2 quarts of beef stock to the pan.
8) Add 12 ounces of beer, 4 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce to the stock.
9) Cut the onions into small or large pieces and put them to the beef stock mixture.
10) Cover the griller and simmer the soup for 1-2 hours.
11) Add salt, mustard and little brandy to the boiling soup after 1 hour of cooking.
12) Serve the soup with French bread slices.
13) Add turkey if you want to make turkey soup.
If you are fond of onion, try this recipe. This smoke grilled onion soup is a fantastic slow smoked soup, which is simmered on the grill. Although it takes time for the soup to cook, the taste is unforgettable. Watch this video for more recipe instructions.