2) Dice one half onion, Slice two carrots, two celery and keep them aside. Chop two garlic cloves.
3) Dice 1/4-1/2 cup of frozen bacon.
4) Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil and add the diced bacon. Sauté them for few minutes.
5) Add the vegetables and allow them to cook. Add the peas, and stir for about a minute.
6) Add 8 cups of chicken broth, 1 bay leaf and allow them to simmer for 35-45 minutes.
7) Add a dash of white pepper and little cream to the soup before serving.
Split pea soup is a soup made typically from dried peas, like split peas. This soup is a part of many cuisines. The addition of various vegetables such as carrots, celery etc makes the soup tasty and wholesome as well. If you want to try this recipe, check out the recipe right now.