1. Heat soup pot, and add oil.
2. Add veggies (all but garlic), salt and pepper.
4. Cover (so veggies steam a bit) and cook over med heat about 10 minutes (or until veggies are mostly soft), stirring occasionally.
5. Add garlic and seasonings.
6. Cook 2-3 minutes.
7. Add wine or vinegar, scraping off any bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan for2 minutes.
8. Add potatoes, milk and stock. Bring to a boil. Add spinach and herbs, cook 3 minutes.
9. Remove from heat.
10. Carefully puree using an immersion blender (or regular blender, working in batches, with the center part of the lid removed – hold a towel over the opening).
11. Stir in cheese and remaining vinegar.
12. Taste and add more seasoning if needed.
13. Serve with crostinis or crusty bread.
If you don’t have any leftover mashed potatoes, chop up 3-4 potatoes and add with the rest of the veggies!
This "Mashed Potato Soup" is a great way to use up left over mashed potatoes. It features Carrot, Turnip, Radish, Mashed Potatoes (of course), Spinach, Sweet Potato, Cheddar Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, and Bari Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.