This is a simple yet elegant soup that's easy to prepare. If you can't find bay scallops (the little ones), you can use diver scallops instead. But be careful, a lot of grocery stores carry scallops from China that don't taste as good. Try to buy ones from the US instead.
3 Teaspoon, divided
4 Large, cut in quarters lengthwise and thinly sliced
Yukon gold potatoes
1 Pound, peeled and cubed (2 Medium)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
4 Cup (64 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1) Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2) Sweat leeks with a pinch of salt until soft, about 5 minutes.
3) Add potatoes, water, salt and pepper.
4) Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
5) Puree soup with a handheld mixer or blender.
6) Add cream and season to taste with salt and pepper if desired. Keep warm.
7) Season scallops lightly on both sides with salt.
8) Heat a stainless steel pan over medium high heat.
9)Add remaining teaspoon olive oil and when hot, add scallops.
10) Sear scallops 30 seconds until brown, sear on second side, another 30 seconds. Remove scallops from pan and keep warm.
11) Return pan to high heat and add vinegar.
12) Cook until syrupy and reduced by half.
13) Divide soup among bowls. Place 5 scallops in each bowl and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Serve hot.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories: 174; total fat: 6g; cholesterol: 21mg; sodium (not including additional seasoning): 69g; carbohydrate: 24g; total dietary fiber: 3g; protein: 8g
If you're fond of trying different types of soups, then you must try this one. The Chef makes Vichyssoise Soup with Bay Scallops. This is so amazing and easy to make. I'm sure your family and friends will enjoy it.
Tasty Vichyssoise Soup With Bay Scallops Recipe Video