Creamy Carrot and Coriander Soup
|Fresh coriander||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream fresh||2 Tablespoon|
1. Chop the onions and keep aside.
2. Peel and chop the carrot and potato into chunks – just roughly cut is fine
3. Heat the olive oil in a very large pan and fry lightly for a minute or so until slightly translucent. Remove from the heat.
4. Add carrot and potato chunks to the pan with the onion.
5. Crumble in the stock cube, add a good twist of salt and pepper and pour in a liter of water.
6. Cover and bring to the boil. When boiling point is reached, turn down a little and continue to simmer until the carrot and potato is very soft – around 30-40 minutes, and then remove from the heat.
7. Chop the coriander roughly and put about half into the soup. 8. Blend the soup until smooth using a Hand Blender and taste. Add a little more salt or pepper if required.
9. Add in the cream and the rest of the coriander and stir well before serving into bowls.
10. Top with chopped chives and serve with some nice fresh bread.
11. Will keep for some days in the fridge if required, or can be frozen for later use.
Calories 288 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.1%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.2 mg1.1%
Sodium 412.9 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.4%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 6 g12.4%
Vitamin A 335% Vitamin C 86.6%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet