This week Rebecca is showing you how to make a New Year's treat, split pea soup. A warm, delicious, favorite of many, go ahead and start the New Year off right with this tasty dish!
1 , cut into 1 inch pieces
4 Can (40 oz)
4 Cup (64 tbs)
1 Pound (Or 2.5 Cups)
7 , cut into 1 inch pieces
8 , cut into 1 inch pieces
1. In large pot over high heat add ham and cook until some of the fat has been rendered.
2. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add chicken stock, water, peas, bay leaves and pepper; stir to combine.
4. Simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until the peas are very soft and become smooth in the broth when stirred.
5. Bring soup to a boil and add carrots and potatoes. Boil for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
6. Check seasonings adding more salt and pepper if necessary.
A real good treat for the winters is this Split Pea Soup. A warm, delicious, favorite of many. Watch this video to learn a simple recipe of this classic soup. You will love this age old traditional recipe. Bon Appétit!