Once a Week Kitchen - How to Make Hearty Bean Soup
|Celery sticks||2 , chopped|
|Red chili||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic cloves||3 , crushed|
|Canned diced tomato||30 Ounce|
|Mixed beans in tomato sauce||24 Ounce|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||1 Liter|
|Ready rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Chives||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a pan, heat oil, saute garlic and red chili for about 30 seconds.
2. Add onion, parsnip, celery and carrots, saute for few seconds. Cook covered on low heat for about 10 minutes.
3. Pour in the tomatoes and the chicken stock, simmer for about 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Add in the beans, stir to mix, add ready rice, bring to a boil and then simmer for about 10 minutes. Add salt. Stir and simmer for another 2 minutes.
5. Garnish with parsley and chives and serve with your favorite bread.
Calories 569 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.8%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.5 mg2.5%
Sodium 1300.6 mg54.2%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32%
Dietary Fiber 16.4 g65.4%
Sugars 21.8 g
Protein 23 g45.5%
Vitamin A 95.5% Vitamin C 67.4%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 26.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet