1. In a pan, heat oil, saute garlic and red chili for about 30 seconds.
2. Add onion, parsnip, celery and carrots, saute for few seconds. Cook covered on low heat for about 10 minutes.
3. Pour in the tomatoes and the chicken stock, simmer for about 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Add in the beans, stir to mix, add ready rice, bring to a boil and then simmer for about 10 minutes. Add salt. Stir and simmer for another 2 minutes.
5. Garnish with parsley and chives and serve with your favorite bread.
On a chilly winter night, all you need is a large bowl of hearty bean soup to warm your toes and satisfy your screaming tummy. The soup looks so hearty and healthy with the veggies rice and beans! That slice of bread at the end there makes this the perfect meal!