Chicken Soup- شوربة دجاج
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||2 , diced|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Carrot||2 , diced|
|Celery sticks||2 , diced|
|Orzo pasta||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Organic chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Wash the chicken with cold water.
2. Rub with olive oil and lemon juice.
3. In a pot, place the chicken and brown from all sides.
4. Add one diced onion and cook until translucent but not browned.
5. Add broth to cover the chicken fully. Sprinkle the seasoning and spices, along with the bay leaves and cinnamon stick.
6. Cook on high heat until the liquid starts boiling. Lower the heat and simmer until the chicken is fully done.
7. Once the chicken is cooked, take it out of the pot and strip the meat off of the bones, cut it into small pieces or shred, if desired.
8. Return the chicken meat back to the pot. Discard the bay leaf and the cinnamon stick. Add more stock if, required.
9. In a separate pan, heat oil, add remaining onion, carrots and celery sticks. Cook for few minutes until the vegetables turn tender.
10. Add Orzo pasta and simmer on low heat until the pasta turns tender.
11. Serve hot on a cold day and enjoy.
Calories 398 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.7%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 107.2 mg35.7%
Sodium 688 mg28.7%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 31 g61.3%
Vitamin A 105.4% Vitamin C 21.6%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet