1. Wash the chicken with cold water.
2. Rub with olive oil and lemon juice.
3. In a pot, place the chicken and brown from all sides.
4. Add one diced onion and cook until translucent but not browned.
5. Add broth to cover the chicken fully. Sprinkle the seasoning and spices, along with the bay leaves and cinnamon stick.
6. Cook on high heat until the liquid starts boiling. Lower the heat and simmer until the chicken is fully done.
7. Once the chicken is cooked, take it out of the pot and strip the meat off of the bones, cut it into small pieces or shred, if desired.
8. Return the chicken meat back to the pot. Discard the bay leaf and the cinnamon stick. Add more stock if, required.
9. In a separate pan, heat oil, add remaining onion, carrots and celery sticks. Cook for few minutes until the vegetables turn tender.
10. Add Orzo pasta and simmer on low heat until the pasta turns tender.
Next time you need a recipe for a simple and rustic soup try out this Chicken and Vegetable Soup. It is easy to make at home and has subtle flavors. A perfect way to warm up your belly on a winter night. Get the recipe details from the video.