1. Finely chop the mushrooms.
2. Saute gently in the butter for 2 to 3 minutes till softened.
3. Stir in the flour and cook for 30 seconds.
4. Add the salt, pepper, parsley, milk and water and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
5. Serve in warmed bowls, adding a teaspoon of lemon juice and a swirl of cream.
Homestyle cooking is about simple flavors and easy cooking. This Mushroom and Parsley Soup is a great example of this theory. Have a look at this video to see how a handful of ingredients cooked together, optimally turn into a delicious soup.