Split Pea And Spinach Soup
|Chopped onion||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Split peas||1 Pound|
|Bay leaves||2 , crumbled|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, thawed (1 package)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Take a Dutch oven and heat oil in it. Saute onions until golden brown.
2. Stir in water, peas, bay leaves and basil and cover, simmer for about an hour until peas become soft.
3. Stir in spinach, cover and cook over heat for another 8 minutes or more. Keep on stirring at occasional intervals.
4. Add cloves, pepper and salt.
5. Serve the split pea and spinach soup.