Orange and Carrot Soup
|Butter/Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||6 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange peel||1 , grated, with no white|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Oranges||2 , juiced|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a heavy pan, heat the oil or butter and add the leek, onions and carrot.
2) Cover the pan and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, without browning, till the onions are tender.
3) Add the garlic and curry powder and stir well. Cook briefly.
4) Add the chicken stock, orange juice and ½ of the orange peel.
5) Lightly season to taste.
6) Continue to cook the contents till the carrots are soft.
7) With a slotted spoon, remove the solids from the pan.
8) In a blender or a food processor, puree the cooked solids till smooth.
9) Return the puree and liquid back to the saucepan and reheat.
10) Add salt and pepper to taste, as well as the remaining orange peel and sugar.
11) Ladle the soup into individual bowls and serve piping hot. Toasted bread makes a good accompaniment. If serving cold, chill thoroughly before serving. Leeks and carrots can be used as garnish.