Pure De Legumbres
|Navy beans||2 Quart|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Ripe tomato||1 Large, peeled and chopped|
|Spinach/Chard / turnip greens||1 Pound, chopped|
1. Take a bowl and add beans into it and pour enough to cover it. Leave the beans to soak overnight or quickly soak it and drain the water.
2. Take pot, and add soaked beans and water and cook until their skins become loose. Drain the beans and reserve some liquid.
3. Peel the skins and puree the beans.
4. Take a saucepan and heat some oil in it and cook onions until it turns golden. Add tomato and stir well.
5. Take a small bowl and add cornstarch with little water and blend it with onion mixture.
6. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the pureed beans.
7. Stir in spinach, bean liquid, salt and pepper.
8. Cover and cook over low heat for about half an hour.
9. Serve the pure le legumbres with red salsa and hot garlic rolls or bread.