A Taste Of Summer Soup
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Leek||1 Large, chopped (white part only)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Potato||1 Large, peeled and cut in 1/4 inch cubes|
|Carrots||2 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Turkey stock||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Zucchini||1 , cut into 1/4 inch cubes|
|Green beans||1⁄2 Pound, snapped and cut in 1/2 inch pieces|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped|
|Ripe tomatoes/Plum tomatoes with juice||12 Ounce, peeled and seeded (6 pieces)|
|Chopped fresh basil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Okra||1⁄2 Pound, stem end removed, cut in 1/2 inch slices|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In a large pot, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil.
3) Add the leek and onion and saute over low heat 5 minutes until onion is soft.
4) Add the potato, carrots, and stock boil.
5) Add the zucchini and beans.
6) Again boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, until the potato and carrots are tender but not mushy.
7) Meanwhile, in another pan, heat the rest of the oil, add the garlic, and cook until soft over low heat without burning.
8) In a food processor or blender, puree the garlic along with the tomatoes and basil, then stir into the hot soup base.
9) Add the okra and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, uncovered.
10) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
11) May be frozen or made ahead several days.
12) Can be reheated easily before serving.
13) Serve the soup hot as appetizer.